Are you a potential candidate?
Are you an amputee who experience problems with conventional socket prostheses? Then the OPRA Implant System may be applicable to you.
Who is it for?
The OPRA Implant System is indicated for patients who have undergone amputation due to trauma or cancer and who have rehabilitation problems with or cannot use a conventional socket prosthesis. Rehabilitation problems may include:
- Recurrent (repeated) skin infections and ulcerations (skin sores) in the socket contact area
- A short stump preventing the use of socket prosthesis
- Volume fluctuation (size change) in the stump
- Soft tissue scarring
- Extensive (large) area of skin grafting
- Socket retention problems (problems keeping the socket in place) due to excessive perspiration (sweating)
- Restricted mobility (cannot move fully)
The system is available for the following amputation levels:
- Transhumeral (above-elbow) amputations
- Transradial (below-elbow) amputations
- Finger / thumb amputations
- Transfemoral (above-knee) amputations
- Transtibial (below-knee) amputations
Interested to find out more?
Click on the button below to get in contact with the clinic in your country