Reports to: VP North America
ABOUT THE ROLE
Integrum is looking for an ABC Certified Prosthetist (Clinician) to help expedite the introduction of the OPRATM Implant System to the US prosthetic industry. The Clinical Specialist will assist the company in establishing bone anchored prosthetics as a standard of care in the US prosthetic market. More specifically this position will focus on Prosthetist and Patient Education, Prosthetic Product Support, Scientific & Journal Development, and those duties that support the clinical care of all US based OPRATM Implant System patients now and in the future.
The OPRATM Implant System represents revolutionary surgical technology which allows amputees to be set free from the confines of a traditional socket-based prosthesis. It has been available in Europe for more than 20 years, and it is the only FDA-approved solution that exists on the US market.
- Coordinate and enhance the growth of the patient recruitment process through direct and indirect contact with potential candidates and their associated care team
- Provide complete and accurate direction, guidance, and training in small and large group forums to prosthetists, prosthetic technicians, physical therapists, occupational therapists, and physicians responsible for the care and rehabilitation of OPRATM Implant System patients
- Assist in the development of Integrum educational material and programs by identifying market opportunities, developing appropriate learning objectives, and selecting instructional methodologies
- Work closely with the VP of Prosthetics to assist in developing and providing the most appropriate marketing material for OPRATM Implant System within the evolving market
- Maintain customer satisfaction by providing technical support for CPOs, patients and rehabilitation teams across the US related to the OPRATM Implant System Prosthetic components
- Market the organization’s professional services through the development of relationships with physicians, therapists, prosthetists, patients, and other referral sources
- Remain current and knowledgeable in government policies affecting the rehabilitation industry
- Provide excellent customer service
- Adhere to HIPAA and PHI Regulations
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s in Prosthetics
- Certified by The American Board for Certification in Prosthetics (ABC). Certification must be in good standing.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in prosthetic patient care preferred
- Preferable experience with sales or prosthetic manufacturer industry
- Good communication skills in English; both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently with responsibility
- Ability to work flexible hours in a dynamic working environment
- Travel requirements: Ability to travel 50% including overnight travel
- Ability to interact with clinical and non-clinical personnel, patients, and caregivers professionally and respectfully
- A valid driver’s license with no limitations operating a motor vehicle; must have a reliable vehicle
- Experience with HIPAA regulations, Medicare, and insurance carrier websites
- Full-time employment
- Competitive salary commensurate with background and qualifications
- Competitive sick leave and paid leave
To be successful in this role you need to be driven and target oriented, and interested in the field. We are looking for a well organized person with good multitasking, sense for details, and prioritization skills. If you also have a positive mindset and are a pro-active team player, you may be the one we are looking for!
Since its start in 1998, Integrum AB has been helping individuals with amputations enjoy a dramatically improved quality of life. Decades of scientific research and development within the field of osseointegration has generated the OPRA TM Implant System for bone-anchored prostheses. This unique approach, utilizing implants of titanium alloy and the scientifically well documented concept of osseointegration, offers significant advantages for the patient compared to traditional socket prostheses. Among these advantages are the ability to once again feel the ground beneath your feet, avoid the pain and discomfort of a chiding socket, and to wear the prosthesis 24 hours.
Integrum AB is a world leader in this area, and patients are being treated in state of the art clinical facilities spread across the globe. The OPRATM Implant System has been in use since the first treatment in 1990, and today more than 500 patients are enjoying the benefits of an osseointegrated prosthesis replacing an arm, a leg, or a digit.
Integrum AB is dedicated to continuous research, and collaborates with well renowned scientists and clinicians in order to develop its technological solutions and treatment modalities. This to even further improve the patient benefits enjoyed through treatment with the OPRATM Implant System.
Currently, there is a significant medical need for better treatment options and alternatives for amputees. In the US alone, 185,000 amputations are performed each year. The conventionally used socket prosthesis can cause pain, skin irritation, lack of limb control, and limited mobility. This unfortunately results in many amputees choosing not to wear a prosthesis; which severely impacts their ability to pursue an active lifestyle, and to live their lives as fully as they desire.
The OPRATM Implant System is CE marked, and in 2015 it became the first system to be approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Integrum AB is listed on the Nasdaq First North in Sweden since May 15, 2017.
Questions regarding this position: contact Integrum at info-US@integrum.se or +1 (800) 805-8073.
To apply for this position please send your CV and cover letter to Blake Pokress, VP North America, firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than August 31st, 2021.