Reports to CEO
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
ABOUT THE ROLE
Integrum AB is currently looking for a Research and Development (R&D) Manager to be responsible for the R&D and change management process.
- Responsible for the R&D, and change management processes.
- Formulation, implementation, and reporting of department KPIs.
- Responsible for the approval of technical documentation for Integrum AB’s products.
- Responsible for providing the R&D team with engineering leadership, coaching, and developing and maintaining core technical competencies within the group.
- Responsible for leading the design transfer and supplier selection phases during product development projects.
- Responsible for leading technical root cause analysis and corrective and preventive actions.
- Responsible for the adherence to relevant product specific standards for the Integrum AB product assortment.
- At least 10 years of work experience within research & development.
- Experience in the entire product realization process- from idea to final product.
- Experience from medical devices in small and large companies desired.
- Good communication skills in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Good leadership skills.
- You have a proactive mindset and result oriented attitude with problem solving ability.
- Good planning, organizational and analytical skills.
- University degree in engineering preferably within Mechanics.
- Full-time employment based in Gothenburg
- Competitive salary commensurate with background and qualifications
To be successful in this role you need to be detail-oriented, motivated, and interested in the field. You thrive in a small organization with a broad range of responsibilities., If you have a positive mindset and are a pro-active team player with good organization skills, you may be the one we are looking for!
Since its start in 1998, Integrum AB has been helping individuals with amputations enjoy a dramatically improved quality of life. Decades of scientific research and development within the field of osseointegration has generated the OPRA TM Implant System for bone-anchored prostheses. This unique approach, utilizing implants of titanium alloy and the scientifically well-documented concept of osseointegration, offers significant advantages for the patient compared to traditional socket prostheses. Among these advantages are the ability to once again feel the ground beneath your feet, avoid the pain and discomfort of a chiding socket, and to wear the prosthesis 24 hours.
Integrum AB is a world leader in this area, and patients are being treated in state of the art clinical facilities spread across the globe. The OPRATM Implant System has been in use since the first treatment in 1990, and today more than 500 patients are enjoying the benefits of an osseointegrated prosthesis replacing an arm, a leg, or a digit.
Integrum AB is dedicated to continuous research, and collaborates with well renowned scientists and clinicians in order to develop its technological solutions and treatment modalities. This to even further improve the patient benefits enjoyed through treatment with the OPRATM Implant System.
Currently, there is a significant medical need for better treatment options and alternatives for amputees. In the US alone, 185,000 amputations are performed each year. The conventionally used socket prosthesis can cause pain, skin irritation, lack of limb control, and limited mobility. This unfortunately results in many amputees choosing not to wear a prosthesis; which severely impacts their ability to pursue an active lifestyle, and to live their lives as fully as they desire.
The OPRATM Implant System is CE marked, and in 2015 it became the first system to be approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Integrum AB is listed on the Nasdaq First North in Sweden since May 15, 2017.
Questions regarding this position: contact Integrum at email@example.com or +46 (0)31 – 760 10 60.
To apply for this position please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than November 20, 2020.