Reports to CEO
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
About Integrum AB
Integrum AB is the global leader within the field of osseointegration as used in the treatment of amputees. We are currently in a phase of rapid expansion in the US and other key markets around the world and are looking for a Research and Development (R&D) Manager to drive the R&D department in the further development of our state-of-the-art technology and product portfolio.
To drive our rapid expansion even faster, we are investing further in the development of the ground- breaking technology of our unique OPRATM, which allows direct connection of the prosthesis to the skeleton and therefore avoids the use of socket; e-OPRATM Implant System which allows simultaneous connection to bone, muscles, and nerves for long-term use. This technology in addition to providing intuitive and natural control, also provides sensory feedback by stimulating the severed nerves, and NeuromotusTM, based on phantom motor execution allows patients control their phantom limb pain by activating muscles on their stump and eventually controlling their phantom limb.
About this role
We are looking for an individual who is both a leader and a “do-er” and has a proven track record of driving product development.
- The R&D processes.
- The change management process.
The approval of technical documentation for Integrum AB’s products.
- Providing the R&D team with engineering leadership, coaching, and developing and maintaining core technical competencies within the group.
- Leading the design transfer and supplier selection phases during product development projects.
- Leading technical root cause analysis and corrective and preventive actions.
- The adherence to relevant product-specific standards for the Integrum AB product assortment.
- Formulation, implementation, and reporting of department KPIs.
- At least 10 years of work experience within research & development.
- Experience in the entire product realization process: “from idea to final product”.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbally and in writing.
- You are proactive and result-oriented.
- Excellent planning, organizational and analytical skills.
- University degree in engineering.
Of additional merit
- Background in Mechanical Engineering
- Experienced team leader
- Full-time employment
- Competitive salary commensurate with background and qualification
ABOUT INTERGUM AB
Since its start in 1998, Integrum AB has been helping individuals with amputations enjoy a dramatically improved quality of life. Decades of scientific research and development within the field of osseointegration has generated the OPRA™ Implant System for bone-anchored prostheses. This unique approach, utilizing implants of titanium alloy and the scientifically well documented concept of osseointegration, offers significant advantages for the patient compared to traditional socket prostheses. Among these advantages are the ability to once again feel the ground beneath your feet, avoid the pain and discomfort of a chiding socket, and to wear the prosthesis for a longer period every day.
Integrum AB is a world leader in this area, and patients are being treated in state-of-the-art clinical facilities spread across the globe. The OPRATM Implant System has been in use since the first treatment in 1990, and today more than 500 patients are enjoying the benefits of an osseointegrated prosthesis replacing an arm, a leg, or a digit. Integrum is also the only company in the world to have received a PMA (Pre-market Approval) from the FDA, for its products used in the treatment of above-knee amputations.
Questions regarding this position: contact Integrum at email@example.com or +46 (0)31 – 760 10 60.
To apply for this position please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, as soon as possible and no later than March 15, 2021.