OPRA™ Implant System
The OPRA™ Implant System is a bone-anchored system based on osseointegration where the prostheses are directly attached to the bone and thus avoiding the use of socket. The system utilizes a modular design consisting of three main parts that have been developed and refined over the years based on many years of development and clinical research. The unique design ensures protection of the patient by avoiding bone fractures from accidental loads. The implant components are inserted surgically into the bone of the amputation stump in one or two surgical sessions.
- Fixture: Anchoring element inserted into the patient’s bone
- Abutment: Skin penetrating connection attached to the fixture
- Abutment Screw: A screw made of titanium alloy that locks the Abutment to the Fixture
- Increased range of motion
- Eliminates pressure, sores and pain caused by the socket
- Stable attachment
- Easy attachment and detachment
- Better walking ability
- Improved osseoperception (sensory feedback)
- Can be worn all day, every day
- Improved sitting comfort
- No socket adjustments required
- Suitable for short amputation stumps
OPRA™ Fixture BioHelix™
A new surface technology has been introduced (BioHelix™), after 15 years of research and clinical testing. The new surface will take osseointegration to the next level and promote faster, stronger attachment to bone, thereby increasing the strength of the bone-to-implant interface
It started already in 2004 when Integrum´s unique BioHelix™ surface was developed in close collaboration with the Department of Biomaterials at the University of Gothenburg. Since then, several experimental studies have shown more rapid healing and stronger osseointegration.
Features of the OPRA™ Fixture BioHelix™
- Decreased time to healing and improved bone-to-implant stability
- Increased degree of osseointegration, created by its micro- and nano-sized structures that takes osseointegration to the next level
- Significantly increased strength of the bone-to-implant interface (proven in several studies)
Are You a Potential Candidate?
Are you an amputee who experience problems with conventional socket prostheses? Then the OPRA™ Implant System may be applicable for you.